This is a decadent plant-based treat that we've been making lately to satisfy our sweet tooth and raise our spirits when needed.
- 1/2 cup Hazelnuts
- 10 Medjool Dates (Pitted)
- 2 heaped tbsp Almond Butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- Chocolate Chips, Hemp Seeds, or Strawberry Dust (Ground Freeze Dried Strawberries)
- Preheat oven to 350F and place hazelnuts on a baking tray.
- Place into oven for 10 minutes, giving them a toss half way.
- Allow to cool. Rub in a clean kitchen towel to remove most of the skins.
- Place in food processor and blitz for 10-20 seconds until finely chopped.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blitz for an additional 30 seconds until the dates have broken down and the mixture is starting to stick together.
- Use a tablespoon or cookie scoop and roll into balls. Wet your hands a little if they get too sticky.
- To coat, gently roll in chocolate chips, hemp seeds, or freeze dried strawberry dust (ground up in food processor.)
- Eat right away or store in an air-tight container for 5-7 days.